Madhya Pradesh Electricity Board
The Company has been incorporated as a part of the implementation of the power sector reform in Madhya Pradesh initiated by the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Company has taken over the Generation activities of MPSEB.
- The Company is a public company fully owned by Govt. of M.P.
- The Company was incorporated on 22.11.2001.
- The Company obtained the Certificate of Commencement of Business on 16-07-2002.
- The Registered office of the Company is at Shakti-Bhawan, Rampur, Jabalpur.
- The Authorized Capital of the Company at present is Rs. 10,000 Cr. (Ten ThousandCrore) divided into 10,000,00,000 Shares of Rs.100 each.
- The issued, subscribed and paid up capital is Rs.2,865,84,64,400 (Rs. Two Thousand Eight Hundred Sixty Five Crores Eighty Four Lacs Sixty Four Thousand Four Hundred only) divided into 28,65,84,644 shares of Rs.100 each.
- The Govt. of MP vide Gazett Notification (Extraordinary) No. 226 notified order no. 3679/ FRS/ 18/13/2002 Dtd. 31-05-2005 to give effect to the reorganization of the Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board. The Para2(a) of the said order is reproduced below :
“With effect from 01.06.2005 (the effective date) the function of Generation of electricity as specified in schedule A to the Transfer Scheme Rules, 2003, shall be conducted and shall be carried on by Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited as its own business and not as an agent of or on behalf of the Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board”
- The opening balance sheet of Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited as on 31.05.2005 has also been notified
- Accordingly, the Company has started functioning independently, from 01-06-2005.
|INSTALLED CAPACITY ( 30-6-2010)|
|SL.No.||Power Station||Installed Capacity (MW)||M P SHARE|
|1||Amarkantak II (2×120 MW)||240||240|
|2||Amarkantak Extn (210 MW)||210||210|
|3||Satpura I (5×62.5 MW)||312.5||187.5|
|4||Satpura II (200+210 MW)||410||410|
|5||Satpura III (2×210 MW)||420||420|
|6||Sanjay Gandhi, Birsinghpur -I (2×210 MW)||420||420|
|7||Sanjay Gandhi Birsinghpur -II (2×210 MW)||420||420|
|8||Sanjay Gandhi Birsinghpur -Extn (1×500 MW)||500||500|
|Thermal Power Station||2932.5||2807.5|
|1||Gandhi Sagar(5×23 MW)||115||57.5|
|3||Rani Awanti Bai Bargi (2×45 MW)||90||90|
|4||Ban Sagar I Tons(3×105 MW)||315||315|
|6||Rajghat (3×15 MW)||45||22.5|
|7||Ban Sagar II Silpara(2×15 MW)||30||30|
|8||Bansagar -III Deolond (3×20 mW)||60||60|
|9||Bansagar -IV Jhinna (2×10 MW)||20||20|
|10||Madhikheda (3×20 MW)||60||60|
|Jawaharsagar & Ranapratapsagar Station of Rajasthan (99MW & 172 MW), 50% of 271MW||—-||135.5|
|Hydro Power Station||915||917.5|
Under Power Sector Reform Programme, Government of Madhya Pradesh has unbundled the M.P. State Electricity Board into five wholly owned State Government Companies, out of which one each has been independently assigned Electricity Generation and Transmission functions and the balance three are Distribution companies responsible for electricity distribution in their respective jurisdiction. The transmission company thus formed is named as Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited.
- The Government of Madhya Pradesh vide order dated 1st July, 02 has incorporated Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited as a wholly owned Government of Madhya Pradesh Corporations under the Companies Act, 1956 to undertake activities of distribution and retail supply for and on behalf of Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board in the areas covered by the Commissionaires of Indore and Ujjain.
- Govt. of MP proposed a transient phase in which the assets and liabilities would continue to be serviced by the Board, with only the operational activities being vested onto this new Company. Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission in the order dated 16th July, 02 has granted approval to this Operation and Management arrangement for facilitating the process of reform and reorganization and bringing in economy and efficiency in the operational activities of electricity sector.
|Commercial Parameter – FY06-07|
|Total Number of Consumers||2489928|
|Total Load in MW||3812|
|Total Sales in MU||8079.40|
|Total Revenue Rs. in Corers||2,749.79|
|Average Tariff Rs. per Unit||2.16|
|Agr. and Dom. Sales as % of total Sales||31% and 18%|
|H.T. Sales as % of Total Sales||33%|
- The Government of Madhya Pradesh vide order dated 1st July, 02 has incorporated Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited as a wholly owned Government of Madhya Pradesh Corporations under the Companies Act, 1956 to undertake activities of distribution and retail supply for and on behalf of Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board in the areas covered by the Commissionaires of Jabalpur, Sagar and Rewa.
- Go MP proposed a transient phase in which the assets and liabilities would continue to be serviced by the Board, with only the operational activities being vested onto this new Company. Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission in the order dated 16th July, 02 has granted approval to this Operation and Management arrangement for facilitating the process of reform and reorganization and bringing in economy and efficiency in the operational activities of electricity sector.
- Poorv Kshetra encompasses an area served by 59,489 kms of HT and 1,02,231 km of LT distribution network. The size of the administrative set-up is as below
|Number of Regions||3|
|Number of Circles||13|
|Number of Divisions||39|
|Number of Sub-divisions||189|
|Number of Distribution Centers||368|
|Number of Fuse Call Centers||1,888|
Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL) was incorporated as a wholly owned Government Company on 31st May 2002, under the Companies Act 1956, the same has been notified vide order No. 5555/RS/4/13/2001 dated 1st July, 2002 of the Government of Madhya Pradesh. The Company undertakes the activities of distribution and retail supply in the areas covered by the Commissionaries of Bhopal, Hoshangabad, Gwalior and Chambal.
The Company obtained certificate of commencement of business on 16th July 2002 from Registrar of Companies, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh, Gwalior.
Subsequently vide Government of Madhya Pradesh notification No. 3679/FRS/18/13/2002 dated 31.05.2005, the Company has been provided functional autonomy with effect from 01.06.2005.
The Electricity Regulatory Commission’s Act, 1998 (No. 14 of 1998) came into force w.e.f. 25th April, 1998, which provides for establishment of CERC and SERCs with the objectives of rationalization of tariff of electricity, to promote competition, efficiency and economy in electricity industry, to regulate the operation of power system, to sets standards, regulate the working of licensees, etc., with an over all objectives of improving the financial health of SEBs/ Electricity Utilities but keeping into consideration, the interest of the consumers. The Madhya Pradesh Vidyut Sudhar Adhiniyam, 2000 (No. 4 of 2001) has been enacted on 20.2.2001. The State Government has notified 3rd July, 2001 as the date from which the said Adhiniyam shall have to come in force consequently the State Electricity Regulatory Commission constituted under Section 17 of the Central Act is deemed to have been constituted under State Act and thereby all the provisions of State Act shall apply to the Commission.
The Electricity Act 2003 (No. 36 of 2003) enacted by parliament has come into force w.e.f. 10th June 2003 and the Commission is now deemed to have been constituted and functioning under the provisions of Electricity Act 2003.
Salient provisions of the Electricity Act are:
(a) Exemption from license in case of electricity generation
(b) Open access in electricity transmission
(c) License for electricity trade,
(d) Arrangement of license for laying lines for private transmission
(e) Promotion of competition by allowing presence of more than one distribution company in one area of supply and to
(f) Ensure electricity supply to the consumers on minimum standards,
(g) Provision for establishment of Tribunals in place of High Court for appeal against the orders of the Commission etc