Cabinet allocates Rs 8,364 crore for power firms

The state cabinet on Tuesday sanctioned Rs 8,364.50 crore as grant to the Bihar State Power (Holding) Company Limited and its subsidiaries under the Backward Region Grant Fund scheme. The money will be used for total electrification of all the villages in 11 selected districts in the state, according to the cabinet’s decision.

South Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited will get Rs 2905.27 crores for improvement and strengthening of the transmission system. North Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited will be given Rs 3034.47 crore for the same purpose. Under the Rajiv Gandhi rural electrification scheme, South Bihar Power Distribution Company will get Rs 499.90 crore and the North Bihar Power Distribution Company Rs 337 crore.

The cabinet also decided to raise financial assistance under the Indira Awas Yojana from Rs 45,000 per unit at present to Rs 75,000 in Maoist-hit areas and Rs 70,000 other areas. The Centre will provide 75% of the assistance and the remaining 25% will be borne by the state government. There are altogether 11 districts affected by Maoist violence – Aurangabad, Arwal, Gaya, Jehanabad, Nawada, Rohtas, Kaimur, Jamui, Munger, Sitamarhi and West Champaran.

 

Continue reading…..

Share

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*