Power on for Madhya Pradesh.
Madhya Pradesh ensures a 24X7 power supply in the state and thus mobilizes industrialization for more economic growth.
From a power deficit of over 14% in 2007-08, Madhya Pradesh is expected to have surplus power of around 19% from long- and medium-term sources as Intensive efforts are being made to increase installed capacity in view of increasing power demand in the state. At present, power generation capacity has increased to 9453 MW including 2940 MW of central undertakings.
As per an official release of the state government, a target has been set to increase power generation capacity by about 7012 MW till the end of financial year 2014-15. Works are in progress regarding increase in power generation capacity at power projects of Central and private sectors in the state.
Major projects coming up for increasing power generation capacity in the state include Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company’s 1200 MW Shri Singaji thermal power project and extension units of 500 MW at Satpura thermal power plant, Sarni. Besides this, a number of projects are under construction in private sector.
Empowering Madhya Pradesh, scheduled on 24th January 2013 in Bhopal shall bring the experts in the power sector under one roof to discuss on the proper management of power, ensuring optimum utilization, through various measures such as:
- Increase in tariff rates or differentiate tariff on the basis of quality
- Banking on hydel power – Using hydro power during night and early morning to meet agricultural demand. Hydro power is also used for meeting peaking shortages.
- Power exchange with other states – seasonal
- Creating separate infrastructure for different users
- Funding for various power projects – Utilizing public funds (Panchayat level initiatives) etc.
The one day business conference brings together the energy market leaders to examine major market issues, network with influential peers, exchange expert insights and develop strategies and solutions for the most important energy issues.
The programme is supported by Institute of Solar Technology, Green Club, Indian Wind Energy Association, Solar Energy Society of India and associated media partners such as Indianpowersector.com, energy review, buzzintown etc. for registration and other quries are solicited at email@example.com
The conference focuses on:
- Issues currently confronting the energy sector in Madhya Pradesh – the financial & political environment.
- Business opportunities associated with the sector
- The growth perspective of small- and medium-sized companies.
- Officials will discuss the prospects for MP’s energy independence and its implications.
- The conference offers a balanced approach between keynotes, individual presentations, debates and provide opportunity for direct interaction with speakers.