Goa seeks central funds to improve power infra

PANAJI: Keen to improve power supply within the state and specially to industries, the state government has approached Union minister of state for power and coal Piyush Goyal for 1,200 crores under central schemes for upgradation of transmission and distribution systems in the state.

As per the electric power survey (EPS) conducted by central electricity authority, Goa would require a staggering 1,100 megawatt of electricity by 2020-21. The state’s electricity load survey indicates an 8% growth in domestic and commercial consumers per year.

State minister for power Milind Naik met Goyal in New Delhi, on March 4, to seek funds under the integrated power development scheme (IPDS) and Din Dayal Upadhyaya gram jyoti yojna schemes (DDUGJY). Under these two schemes, the Centre provides approximately 75% grant while the remaining 25% is borne by the state government.

During the meeting between the two leaders discussed various issues to improve power supply in the state. “The outlay of the scheme is to the tune of 1,800 crores for IPDS Scheme and 793.77 crores for DDUGJY Scheme,” Naik added.

Goyal agreed to seriously consider Goa’s requirements, Naik said.

Continue reading…

Share

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*