Job Application in New Delhi for NRDC India Consultants – Climate and Clean Energy Initiative
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is one of the most effective environmental action organizations. NRDC was founded in 1970 and is an international non-profit environmental organization dedicated to research and policy activities. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work on projects in the United States, India, China, Canada, and Latin America, as well as on global initiatives addressing issues such as climate change, energy, air and health. In India, we focus on climate and clean energy projects with leading partner institutions.
NRDC is expanding our team in India and is seeking two new expert positions in New Delhi to work with our team and partners. The positions are for consultants with experience in clean energy and environmental health. The positions would play an active role in advancing work in India on climate change and clean energy and involve research, investigation, and analysis of various elements of the India initiative’s work. The positions will include direct engagement with partners, government officials, and stakeholders as well as project management, and would work on a consulting basis.
The clean energy consultant would focus largely on clean energy development, including finance, energy efficiency and solar and wind energy. The environmental health consultant would focus largely on air quality and heat health with experience in public health policy and air quality science. Both positions would also work on other project areas and provide research and analysis on the other core elements of the India initiative: accelerating clean energy and energy access, strengthening urban climate resilience, and increasing global climate cooperation.
• Policy and technical research, analysis, writing on climate change and clean energy
• Project planning, implementation and dissemination with partners
• Media, business and government outreach
• Support team activities including project implementation and planning
• Daily domestic and international communication by phone, email and in-person
• Domestic travel for meetings, conferences and round tables
• Technical, scientific, law or policy graduate degree in energy/health field (e.g. public health, finance, business, public health, climate science, energy, engineering, environmental policy, law)
• Excellent research, writing and analysis skills
• 5-10 years of experience in energy/environmental or other policy work in India
• Substantive knowledge in clean energy finance, environmental health or air pollution
• Knowledge of the Indian political system, economic structures, and socio-cultural landscape, and a network of professional contacts in India
• Proficiency in English as well as one additional Indian language is preferred
• Experience with a variety of implementation tools including communications, legislative and government outreach, and partner coordination
• Ability to travel domestically based in New Delhi and
• Work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to work in entrepreneurial fashion and handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and writing sample to Meredith Connolly firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.