Telengana draft Wind Policy 2016
TNREDCL has released draft Wind Power policy 2016 with an operative period of 5 years from the date of final notification.
Brief of the draft policy –
- NIWE has identified a potential of 4,244 MW of wind energy in the state.
- GoTS intends to add at least 2,000 MW of wind power by 2018-19.
- Enabling provisions –
o Facilitation of expeditious approvals through single window clearance – 30 days’ time limit (Transaction charge Rs. 25000/MW)
o Deemed conversion to Non-agricultural land status.
o Exemption from Land ceiling Act
o Wheeling and transmission charges are exempted for captive/ group captive use within the state (applicable for third party sale)
o Transmission and distribution losses, however, are fully applicable for both third party within the state as well as captive use within the state.
o Must run status for all wind projects
o Banking of 100% of energy shall be permitted for all Captive and Open Access/Scheduled consumers during all 12 months of the year.
o Banking charges shall be adjusted in kind @ 2% of the energy delivered at the point of drawl.
o Electricity duty exempted in all cases.
o 100% exemption on the cross subsidy surcharge(for TP sale) for five years from the date of commissioning of the WPP.
o Evacuation –
- Supervision charges will be exempted
- Technical feasibility within thirty (30) days of receipt of application from the WPP developer.
o Payment of Development Charges (25000 per acre) and Layout fee and permission (within 14 days) from Gram Panchayat
o 100% refund of VAT/SGST for all the inputs required for wind power projects will be provided by the Commercial Tax Department for a period of 5 years.
o 100% refund of Stamp Duty for land purchased for setting up wind power project and/or wind-solar hybrids.
o Exempted from pollution clearances.
- Sale of Power – at the tariff determined by TSERC or through competitive bidding based on guidelines for competitive bidding in wind sector whenever notified by MNRE.
- Dedicated Wind Policy Cell (WPC) shall be set up by TNREDCL
o For all clearances and approvals pertaining to DISCOMS and TSTRANSCO
o Obtaining power evacuation approval and/ or Open Access.
High Level Committee as Project Monitoring Committee for monitoring the progress of implementation of the Wind Power projects.
Mr. Mrigendra Rai
MBA-Power Management (NPTI)