‘Major Announcement’ Expected in Power Sector on September 25, Says Minister

New Delhi: A “major announcement” related to the power sector is expected on September 25 from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Power Minister R.K. Singh, who was speaking at The India Power Conclave, a Network 18 event on Friday, said that an announcement related to a major scheme is expected, but refused to divulge any more details.

“It is a part of the electrification plan for the country and takes forward the 24×7 power plan,” is all the former bureaucrat turned power minister was willing to reveal.

He added that the Centre has asked the states to prepare electrification projects which would be discussed and approved for release of funds under the scheme.

According to government sources, the scheme will be named ‘Saubhagya’ and provide subsidy on equipment like transformers, meters, and wires, reported PTI.

The scheme was listed on the agenda of Cabinet meeting held earlier this week.

About the scheme, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had told reporters after the Cabinet meeting, “Once we take a decision, we will tell you about that.”

The government has been working hard to electrify all villages in the country and wants to achieve 24X7 power for all by 2019.

Continue Reading…

Share

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*