~ Premset switchgear represents a technological breakthrough, opening the way to unprecedented safety, efficiency, and ease of use ~
~ Unique combination of technologies offers robustness, protection and flexibility to optimize product performance and lifetime ~
New Delhi, March 12, 2013 — Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, today announced smart-grid ready MV switchgear with a highly modular design to facilitate easy installation, upgrading, and maintenance. Premset switchgear also uses the Shielded Solid Insulation System (2SIS), a breakthrough innovation that protects all the switchgear’s live parts to help ensure a safe, trouble-free service life for both operator and equipment. With its 3-in-1 design, Premset switchgear is the most reliable, compact, safest and most intuitive switchgear in its class:
- Breaking, disconnection, and earthing functions are all integrated into a single compact three-position device, making it easier to operate
- SF6-free design uses only vacuum and air technologies
- Enhanced safety since it’s fitted with built-in failsafe interlocks
Commenting on the launch of Premset, Mr. Prakash Kumar Chandraker, Managing Director, Schneider Electric Infrastructure Limited said, “We are extremely proud to launch Premset switchgear in India. This represents a technological breakthrough for medium voltage distribution and opens the way for unprecedented safety, efficiency and ease of use. The switchgear is a first-of-its-kind global product which helps in reducing the risk of internal arcing, enhances safety and reliability in any environment, and extends the equipment life by up to 30%; all this without the need for preventive maintenance or servicing necessary. It is an extension of Schneider Electric’s commitment to create energy efficient applications to help meet India’s growing demand for power.”
Using Premset switchgear, enables simplifying network upgrades as the same auxiliaries, accessories and monitoring devices can continue being used for the entire range. In fact, this “plug and play” design also allows for on-site additions that do not require any special training, tools or adjustments. Through advanced monitoring, control, and smart-grid functionality, Premset switchgears help ensure that the client network is at its peak performance level, and enables the following features:
- Feeder automation, with switchgear including built-in communication and local intelligence
- Load management, with integrated smart metering
- Asset management, with advanced switchgear and transformer monitoring
- VIP self-powered protection and communication relay for higher MV network availability
Additionally, with its standardized dimensions, reduced footprint, and simple front power connections, both time and money spent installing Premset switchgear is greatly reduced. Every aspect of the system is designed with the intention of reducing total cost of ownership as well as making installation and adaptations as seamless as possible, including:
- Straightforward assembly because identical busbar and cable connections are used for the entire range
- Easy-to-install patented universal flat power connection system
- Extended possibilities for cables entry, with easy connection at a height of 700mm and a single type of bushing.
Premset will be assembled at Schneider Electric’s Vadodara Plant. The product is manufactured in France with plans of local adaptation in India in near future. Premset has major investment in terms of engineering setup, manufacturing & fabrication, assembly, testing and after sales support.
Since the 1920s, Schneider Electric has been at the forefront of switchgear innovation, including the entire evolution of MV switchgear technology to date. Premset switchgear is the result of this extensive knowledge and experience, representing the kind of leap forward only seen in switchgear technology about once every 20 years.
Tags: Schneider Electric