Type – Public Company
Head Quarter – Navi Mumbai, India
Founder & Chairman – Anil Ambani
Parent - Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group
The company was incorporated in January 1995 as Bawana Power Private Limited and changed its name to Reliance Delhi Power Private Limited in February 1995. Later, it changed its name to Reliance EGen Private Limited in January 2004, to Reliance Energy Generation Limited in March 2004, and to Reliance Power Limited in July 2007.
A part of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, was established to develop, construct and operate power projects in the domestic and international markets. Reliance Energy Limited, an Indian private sector power utility company along with the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group promotes Reliance Power. It ranks among India ‘s top listed private companies on all major financial parameters,including assets,sales,profits and market capitalization.
- Over 16,000 people in 25 countries
- Operations across the Americas, Asia, Australia and Europe
- Fully integrated supply chain with manufacturing facilities in three continents
- Sophisticated R&D capabilities in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India and The Netherlands
- Market leader in Asia, Suzlon Market Share (Combined with REpower)rose to 9.8% thereby making Suzlon 3rd * largest wind turbine manufacturing company in the world
Founded : 1995 Headquarters : Pune, India Presence : 21 countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sri Lanka, The Netherlands, Turkey, Ukraine, UK, USA Manufacturing : India: Maharashtra, Pondicherry, Gujarat, Daman, PadubidriChina: Tianjin North America: Pipestone, Minnesota R&D : Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, The Netherlands